• Kim Allman has been hired by TechAmerica as senior vice president for state government affairs. Allman has worked at the Recording Industry Association of America as well as at MCI Worldcom. She also has been a press secretary for Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) and an adviser to Michigan’s Democratic Senate caucus.
• Brian Tate has joined the Financial Services Roundtable as vice president of banking and securities. Before joining the trade association, Tate worked at the Maryland and D.C. Credit Union Association, where he was vice president for legislative affairs, and at the Credit Union National Association, where he was director of state advocacy.
• Kimberly Freeman Brown is the new executive director of American Rights at Work. Brown had been the interim executive director of the labor advocacy group and has also served as its communications director. Before joining the group, she had worked for the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial and for the Children’s Defense Fund.
• Lynn W. Heninger has joined KSCW as vice president of government relations, defense and aerospace. Heninger has worked for a major defense contractor and served as deputy associate administrator for legislative affairs at NASA. He has also worked as a budget analyst with the Transportation Department and as an organizational development specialist with the United Nations in Bogota, Colombia.
• Susan J. Court has joined Hogan & Hartson as a partner in the energy practice group. Court is the former director of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) Office of Enforcement.