• Jamie Moore has joined Tesoro Corp. as its new director of federal government affairs. Moore worked for eight years as a senior policy adviser to Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas). There, he worked on several pieces of energy legislation, including the Energy Policy Act of 2005 and the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.
• John D. Versaggi has joined the American Gaming Association as vice president of government affairs. He comes to the trade association from UST Public Affairs Inc. Prior to joining that company, Versaggi spent seven years in the office of then-Rep. Richard BurrRichard BurrFive questions for the House's new Russia investigator Why an independent counsel is necessary in an election probe Senators aim to extend federal conservation fund MORE (R-N.C.), now a senator, in several roles, such as communications director and chief of staff.
• Karen D. Cyr has been hired by Morgan Lewis as a senior counsel to the firm’s energy practice. Cyr is the longest-serving general counsel in the history of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. She worked at the agency for three decades and was the top lawyer there from 1994 until her retirement in 2009.
• Carlos Angulo is returning to his former post of partner at Zuckerman Spaeder. Angulo was the legislative director for Sen. Sheldon WhitehouseSheldon WhitehouseDem senators ask Bannon for more info about Breitbart contact Senate Dems want Trump to release ethics waivers, visitor logs Senators offer bill to boost police training in cyber crime MORE (D-R.I.). He also served as legislative counsel to former Sen. Paul Sarbanes (D-Md.) and as staff counsel to ex-Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.). In addition, he has worked as a law clerk to Phyllis A. Kravitch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and as a trial attorney in the Justice Department’s Civil Division.
• Heather C. Harker has been hired by Dykema, as of counsel to its corporate finance practice group in the firm’s Washington office. She comes to the firm from Genworth Financial Inc. Prior to Genworth, Harker worked at Nationwide Financial.