By The Hill Staff - 01/25/10 11:19 PM EST
• BIOTECH. CM Government Relations is lobbying for Genentech, a biotechnology company. The firm is tracking healthcare reform, among other healthcare-related issues, federal lobbying records show.
• ENERGY. 3 Click Solutions is lobbying for SunPower Corp., federal lobbying records show.
NuStar Energy Corp. hired Bracewell & Giuliani to lobby on natural-gas policy issues on Capitol Hill, lobbying records show.
Capstone National Partners is lobbying for Timberland Power, an alternative energy production company, on cap-and-trade and other energy issues.
The American Gas Association hired Cascade Associates to lobby on natural-gas issues. Jennifer Schafer-Soderman, a former legislative aide to then-Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), and Erin Lane, a former legislative aide to ex-Rep. Jack Quinn (R-N.Y.), are lobbying for AGA.
Hunton & Williams is lobbying for MidAmerican Holdings Co. Mark Menezes, former chief counsel to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, is lobbying on climate, financial restructuring and energy legislation, federal lobbying records show.
• MEDIA. Covington & Burling is lobbying for the National Association of Broadcasters, federal lobbying records show.
• MISC. mCapitol Management is lobbying for TNT Fireworks on issues relating to the transportation of hazardous materials and trade importation, federal lobbying records show.
• TAXES. PricewaterhouseCoopers is lobbying for Boeing. Ed McClellan, former tax counsel to the Senate Finance Committee, is one of three lobbyists helping Boeing lobby on an issue related to Section 199 of the tax code, which is a popular manufacturing tax credit.
C2 Group is lobbying for the Historic Tax Credit Coalition, which is seeking changes to the rehabilitation tax credit.
• TRANSPORTATION. ADS Ventures is lobbying for Zipcar, the car-sharing company. The firm is tracking the surface transportation bill.