By The Hill Staff - 01/27/10 12:38 AM EST
• Jim Gottlieb has joined Capitol Counsel as a partner. He served as chief counsel and staff director for the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs as well as Sen. Jay Rockefeller’s (D-W.Va.) chief of staff. In 2003, Gottlieb left Capitol Hill to work as the chief management consultant to the Blanchette Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute. He started his own government affairs firm in 2009, Gottlieb Strategic Consulting, before coming to Capitol Counsel.
• Jennifer Brosnahan McIntyre has joined Boeing as chief counsel to its Washington operations. Prior to joining Boeing, she served as deputy general counsel for the Transportation Department and also worked in the White House as associate counsel to President George W. Bush. In addition, McIntyre served as counsel to the associate attorney general at the Justice Department and practiced law with Kirkland & Ellis.
• Andrew Reinsdorf has been promoted by DirecTV to senior vice president of government affairs. Prior to joining the company, Reinsdorf held positions at the National Association of Broadcasters, Nestle and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
• Matt Reid has joined the Business Software Alliance as vice president of communications. Prior to joining the trade group, Reid served for six years as executive vice president of Waggener Edstrom Worldwide. He also worked at Fleishman-Hillard at the GCI Group.
• Paul Schmidt has been appointed by Baker & Hostetler as firm-wide chairman of its tax group. Schmidt, a former legislative counsel to the Joint Committee on Taxation, succeeds Jeffrey Paravano, who was named managing partner of the firm’s Washington office.
• Rich Thomas has been promoted to senior vice president at Monument Policy Group. He first joined the firm in July 2008. Prior to heading to K Street, he served as a legislative director to Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.).