By The Hill Staff - 03/23/10 11:00 PM EDT
• Brian P. Woolfolk has joined Squire Sanders Public Advocacy, the lobbying affiliate of law firm Squire, Sanders & Dempsey, where he will be a principal. Woolfolk helped found lobbying firm Mattox Woolfolk. He also has served as Democratic counsel on the House Judiciary Committee and worked as a legislative assistant to Rep. Robert “Bobby” Scott (D-Va.).
• Jason Klitenic has joined Holland & Knight as a partner in the firm’s government contracts-enforcement defense practice. Klitenic is a former deputy general counsel of the Homeland Security Department and was deputy associate attorney general for the Justice Department. From 2003 through 2005, he served as the first deputy general counsel for Homeland Security Department.
• Genevieve K. “Genna” Gent has been named vice president of state and local affairs for the American Beverage Association. Gent most recently worked as deputy chief of staff and Washington office director for Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D). Gent has worked for Granholm since 1999, when Granholm was the state’s attorney general.
• Mark C. Ellison will join Patton Boggs as a partner in its Washington office. He comes from the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative, where he worked as its senior vice president and general counsel. Prior to working at the trade group, Ellison was assistant general counsel of Turner Broadcasting.
• Laura Billings has joined Miller & Chevalier as counsel to the firm’s white-collar and internal investigations practice. Billings previously worked in the Manhattan district attorney’s office.
• Lisa LaBruno has joined the Retail Industry Leaders Association as vice president for loss prevention and legal affairs. She will lead the trade group’s asset protection offerings. LaBruno previously served for eight years as senior in-house attorney at the Home Depot.