By The Hill Staff - 10/29/13 07:55 PM EDT
• Former Treasury Department official Anne Salladin has joined Stroock & Stroock & Lavan’s Washington office. She will serve as special counsel in a practice that focuses on national security and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). Salladin worked for almost two decades in the Treasury’s office of the assistant general counsel, which chairs the CFIUS.
• The National Beer Wholesalers Association hired Laurie L. Knight to lead its lobbying team as the group’s executive vice president of government affairs. Before that, she held a similar position at the Association of American Railroads and at the National Association of Broadcasters.
• The National Association of Broadcasters has brought on former Capitol Hill staffer Jack Smedile to work as the group’s vice president of government relations. He will begin the post on Nov. 4. Before that,
he served as an adviser for Sen. Roy BluntRoy BluntSenate Dems' campaign arm knocks GOP for Trump support Trump, Clinton running even in Missouri Top Republican presses Kerry for Iran 'ransom' details MORE (R-Mo.) and also worked for Reps. Paul BrounPaul BrounCalifornia lawmaker's chief of staff resigns after indictment Republican candidates run against ghost of John Boehner The Trail 2016: Let’s have another debate! MORE (R-Ga.) and former Rep. Kenny Hulshof (R-Mo.).
• Andrew D. Herman joined Miller & Chevalier as counsel. Prior to that, he worked at Brand Law Group, where he concentrated on criminal federal litigation and election law and congressional investigations. He was part of a team that represented Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) during a House Ethics Committee investigation and represented Major League Baseball during congressional inquiries into steroid use.
• Targeted Victory, a right-leaning political advertising firm, has hired nearly 30 new staff members since Election Day 2012, some of whom have worked at Oracle, Marriott International and the Millennial Media. Among the new hires is John Andrews, who will serve as director of data science and research, and former Mitt Romney campaign staffer Tom Adams, who will serve as director of targeted engagement.
• The Russell Group has formed a partnership with DC Policy Group to expand its advocacy efforts in the financial services sector. The two firms will officially begin the partnership on Nov. 1.