By Kris Kitto - 02/11/09 04:21 PM EST
• Sen. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.): It’s not a big thing with me.
• Rep. Brian Baird (D-Wash.): A kiss from my wife, but I get them anyway.
• Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.): The best gift for me is to be home with my wife on Valentine’s Day.
• Rep. Zach Wamp (R-Tenn.): Right now, a patient wife, because I’m running for governor. She has been an angel and that [a statewide campaign] adds pressure on any wife.
• Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.): I got a daughter — that’s plenty.
• Rep. Trent FranksTrent FranksFive things to watch for at IRS impeachment hearing RSC candidate snags key endorsements Some GOP lawmakers: Trump has a point on Putin MORE (R-Ariz.): To be with my family, my little babies. I have two new twins, a little boy and little girl. They’ve sure made me start my life again, made me feel 20 again.
• Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D-S.D.): Jewelry, flowers, chocolate — all of it.
• Rep. José Serrano (D-N.Y.): Music, CDs. Anyone who can find romantic music I don’t have has really gone out of [his or her] way.
• Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho): To spend the day with my wife or spend the day with my valentine. (He jokingly adds, “Are they the same? She thinks they are.”)
• Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.): My wife usually takes me to dinner, but my daughter — she’s 8 years old — makes me some kind of card, and she makes me her valentine. My daughter, she sees me as her boyfriend. This’ll probably be the first year I don’t just go out to dinner with my wife. My daughter will probably be attending as well.
• Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-Md.): The continued love of my wife. That’s enough.
• Rep. Marsha BlackburnMarsha BlackburnOvernight Healthcare: Mylan CEO faces bipartisan outrage over EpiPen pricing House panel votes to hold fetal tissue company in contempt Top Dem to GOP leaders: Halt panel's plan to charge firm tied to Planned Parenthood MORE (R-Tenn.): Usually, something to do with gardening. I’m a big gardener. Oh, and chocolates, always.
• Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.): Whatever my wife gives me. I’m appreciative.
• Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.): I hope that all of my grandkids will have the best Valentine’s Day they’ve ever had. I have seven of them. I just like to see everybody get along.
Betsy Rothstein and Kris Kitto