Most of the nominations that come into The Hill for its annual 50 Most Beautiful People issue bare just the facts: name, photo, place of employment. Others, however, go into great detail about the proposed beauty. This feature is a nod to those people who took the time to put forth their most convincing — and amusing — arguments for placing their nominees on this year’s list.
• [NAME] always had been mysterious, tall, dark and handsome until I got to know him campaigning for Team [STATE AND YEAR]. I soon learned he was more than just a sight for sore eyes (more like sore feet after door knocking for 5 days through [CITY] … ). On paper he looks like a nerd — educated at [IVY LEAGUE COLLEGE] AND [OTHER PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL] — but in reality he is extremely charming, witty, and a great friend.
-He’s a long way from home! (originally from [LOCATION], born and raised in [STATE], went to high school with [RECOGNIZABLE NAMES])
-Ivy League educated! ([COLLEGE] undergrad class of [YEAR] and [LAW SCHOOL class of [YEAR])
-He’s powerful! ([POSITION] for [PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT]. Need a meeting? Take a number.)
-He’s a political veteran! (Started his career as a [POSITION] in [YEAR] — for [FORMER MEMBER OF CONGRESS], worked as a legislative assistant for [FORMER MEMBER OF CONGRESS] for 2.5 years)
-En vogue! (He consistently out dresses all others in [LOCATION] — even his casual screams fashion astute)
-Athletic! (Enough said)
-He’s popular! (His friendships have no boundaries — he is friends with both R’s and D’s inside AND outside of the political bubble)
-He’s worldly! (traveled Mexico, Canada, Europe and Asia and NOT on the government’s dime)
-He’s the life of the party! (It’s not a party unless [NAME] runs through it — he is the first and last one on the dance floor)
-He’s humble! (He would die if he knew I was nominating him so please keep this anonymous!)
• I would like to nominate [NAME] (picture attached) for The Hill’s 50 Most Beautiful People. [NAME] not only speaks several languages — including the elusive Czech, therefore saving me from some potentially embarrassing Pierogi-ordering incidents — he also rescues penguins and baby seals in his spare time when not saving the environment as [POSITION] at [PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT].
[NAME] also happens to have one of the most open and giving personalities that can melt cynicism even of the most hardened citizen of this town. My only motivation for this nomination is to share his inner and outer beauty with the people of D.C.
And get a few invites to the parties.
• If you are still accepting nominations for this year’s 50 Most Beautiful People List, I’d like to nominate [NAME] for the list.
As [NICKNAME’s] ex-girlfriend (I never call him [REAL NAME], but everyone else does), I really struggled with whether I should nominate him for 50MB. As you can see from the attached pics, he’s quite charming, handsome, and well dressed. However, we have a complicated relationship, and I’d clearly rather not highlight his handsomeness (beautifulness?) for other ladies to see. Nor would I like to inflate his already healthy ego. But [NAME] is a great guy, beautiful inside and out, and very deserving of this accolade.
A triple nomination for 50MB
1. You have an obvious bias in favor of the young. You’re wrong. First [the name] below is NOT on the young side. Tall and lean and fine; beautiful in an understated, humble, shy way. A better-looking Lisa MurkowskiLisa MurkowskiElle honors 10 at annual 'Women in Washington' event Five takeaways from Labor pick’s confirmation hearing ObamaCare repeal faces last obstacle before House vote MORE. Hidden treasure; The Hill should “un-hide.”
2. Sparkling personality. Striking raven hair, fun smile, ahead of her years, career-wise. Needs some coverage; she’s going places.
3. The lobbyist who you PRAY will be calling on you. Knows everyone, everything, supermodel looks, also not young but belongs on pg. 1.
Send nominations to 50MB@thehill.com. Please include the person’s name, place of employment, contact information and a photo. Those eligible include members of Congress, congressional staffers, lobbyists and anyone else who works regularly on Capitol Hill. All nominations will be kept confidential.