• BANKRUPTCY. The Financial Services Roundtable, which represents the largest financial-services companies in the United States, has hired Winston & Strawn to lobby on bankruptcy reform. John McMickle, a former Judiciary Committee counsel for Sen. Chuck GrassleyChuck GrassleyRNC head: Dems acting ‘petty’ to Gorsuch Dems delay Senate panel vote on Supreme Court nominee Grassley wants details on firm tied to controversial Trump dossier MORE (R-Iowa), is lobbying on behalf of the Roundtable, according to politicalmoneyline.com.
•BUDGET. Adams & Reese is lobbying on behalf of Unite, a coalition of companies that is researching unmanned aerial-vehicle technology.
• EDUCATION. Edison Schools, an effort to build for-profit K-12 schools, has hired Blank Rome Government Relations. Edison is seeking the reauthorization of No Child Left Behind, the administration’s education initiative. The lobbyists working the account include Heather Podesta, a former legislative counsel to the late Rep. Robert Matsui (D-Calif.).
Ohio University has hired Patton Boggs to win federal support of university projects. The firm is also seeking federal appropriations for The Citadel.
• ENERGY. Weaver’s Cove Energy, which imports liquefied natural gas (LNG), has hired Baker Botts to lobby in support of LNG projects.
Entergy Corp., the New Orleans-based utility hit hard by Hurricane Katrina, has hired Ryan Phillips Utrecht & MacKinnon. Rodney Hoppe, the former Republican press secretary for the House Committee on Commerce, is lobbying for the utility, according to lobbying registrations.
Adams & Reese is lobbying for disaster relief for Cleco Corp., another utility damaged by Katrina.
Meanwhile, Delta Petroleum Corp., an oil company, has hired Brownstein Hyatt & Farber to lobby on its behalf.
• FINANCE. The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants has hired the Ashcroft Group, founded by former Attorney General John Ashcroft, to lobby on its behalf.
• HUMAN RIGHTS. M+R Strategic Services has been hired by the Save Darfur Coalition to do media and grassroots lobbying work. Peter Loge, who is a former deputy chief of staff to Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.), and Matthew Slutsky, who worked on Sen. John KerryJohn KerryCongress, Trump need a united front to face down Iran One year ago today we declared ISIS atrocities as genocide Trump’s realism toward Iran is stabilizing force for Middle East MORE’s presidential campaign, are directing the effort.
• TRADE. BAE Systems North America, part of a British aerospace and defense group, has hired Covington & Burling to help facilitate trade between the United States and the United Kingdom, according to the lobbying registration.