White House condemns wave of bomb threats at ADL offices

White House condemns wave of bomb threats at ADL offices
© Getty Images

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Tuesday denounced the latest wave of bomb threats targeting Anti-Defamation League (ADL) offices and Jewish Community Centers.

“I want to acknowledge that there’s been an additional wave of threats to Jewish Community Centers and Anti-Defamation League offices,” Spicer told reporters.

“I share the president's thoughts that he vehemently hopes that we don’t continue to have to share these reports with you. But as long as they do continue, we’ll continue to condemn them and look at ways in which we can stop them.”

ADVERTISEMENT
On Tuesday, the ADL said authorities were responding to several bomb threats at its offices. Threats to Jewish centers in Milwaukee, Miami and Rochester, N.Y., were also reported on Tuesday.

Spicer’s comments also come after all 100 senators signed a letter demanding action in response to the wave of anti-Semitic bomb threats.

During his joint address to Congress last week, President Trump denounced the recent bomb threats against Jewish centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries. Trump’s remarks came after critics pressured the administration to address the wave of threats.

"Recent threats targeting Jewish community centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, as well as last week's shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms,” Trump said in his speech to Congress.