Trump pushes back on reports of chaos in White House: ‘Very calm and calculated’

Trump pushes back on reports of chaos in White House: ‘Very calm and calculated’
© Getty Images

President TrumpDonald John TrumpRobert De Niro, Ben Stiller play Mueller and Cohen in 'SNL' parody of 'Meet the Parents' Trump order targets wide swath of public assistance programs Comey says Trump reacted to news of Russian meddling by asking if it changed election results MORE in an early morning series of tweets on Wednesday hit back at reports of chaos in his administration, writing that his White House remains "calm" and its moves "calculated" after several resignations and reports of further staff tensions.

Trump pointed to the recent appointments of national security adviser John Bolton and economic adviser Larry Kudlow as proof that reports of his inability to fill top positions are "fake news."

"So much Fake News about what is going on in the White House. Very calm and calculated with a big focus on open and fair trade with China, the coming North Korea meeting and, of course, the vicious gas attack in Syria. Feels great to have Bolton & Larry K on board," Trump wrote.

"I (we) are doing things that nobody thought possible, despite the never ending and corrupt Russia Investigation, which takes tremendous time and focus. No Collusion or Obstruction (other than I fight back), so now they do the Unthinkable, and RAID a lawyers office for information! BAD!" he added.

Bolton and Kudlow's appointments come at a time of upheaval for the Trump administration, which has seen a number of top staff leave the White House in recent weeks.

Longtime Trump aide Hope HicksHope Charlotte HicksTrump pushes back on reports of chaos in White House: ‘Very calm and calculated’ The Memo: Kelly said to be losing influence with Trump Trump touts Rasmussen poll results: 'Higher than Cheatin’ Obama’ MORE, who served as White House communications director, departed last month.

It was also reported that Trump's own chief of staff, John KellyJohn Francis KellyMORE, blew up and threatened to resign as well in late March.

Other officials including the White House infrastructure adviser and national security council spokesman have also exited in recent days.

Earlier this year, the Trump administration was the source of controversy when two aides left after domestic violence allegations surfaced.