By The Hill Staff - 08/05/09 05:54 PM EDT
• Daniel Werfel was nominated to be controller of the Office of Federal Financial Management at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Werfel has been the deputy controller at OMB since March of 2006. Werfel has also served as a trial attorney in the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division.
• Edward Avalos was nominated to be a member of the board of directors of the Commodity Credit Corp. Avalos served for 29 years in the New Mexico Department of Agriculture. Kathleen Merrigan, James Miller and Kevin Concannon also have been nominated to be members of the board of directors of the Commodity Credit Corp.
• President Obama nominated Daniel Bogden to be United States attorney for the District of Nevada for the term of four years.
• Deborah Gilg was nominated to be United States attorney for the District of Nebraska for the term of four years.
• The president nominated Timothy Heaphy to be United States attorney for the Western District of Virginia for the term of four years.
• The president nominated Susan Tsui Grundmann to be chairwoman of the Merit Systems Protection Board as well as a member of the board for the term of seven years expiring March 1, 2016. Since 2002, Grundmann has served as general counsel to the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE).