FEATURED:

Las Vegas Review-Journal blocked 1998 story detailing Steve Wynn harassment claims

Las Vegas Review-Journal blocked 1998 story detailing Steve Wynn harassment claims
© Getty

The Las Vegas Review-Journal blocked the publication of a story two decades ago about casino mogul Steve Wynn sexually harassing employees, the newspaper reported Monday.

Carri Geer, now the newspaper’s metro editor, said she spoke with two cocktail servers for a story in 1998 in which they alleged Wynn harassed them or pressured them into having sex with him.

The women's claims were part of a lawsuit against the Mirage resort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Geer said the paper’s publisher at the time, Sherman Frederick, called for the women to take a lie detector test. After the results came back, Geer said, she was told to delete her story, but she saved a printed copy.

Frederick said he does not remember the story or asking for polygraph tests.

The Review-Journal's findings come roughly two weeks after The Wall Street Journal published a report detailing sexual misconduct allegations against Wynn that spanned decades.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Wynn had engaged in a pattern of sexual misconduct involving Wynn Resort employees and that he agreed to pay a $7.5 million settlement to a manicurist at one of his hotels who accused the casino mogul of pressuring her into sex.

Wynn has denied the allegations but stepped down as finance chairman of the Republican National Committee.

GOP mega-donor Todd Ricketts was tapped last week as Wynn's replacement.