Ex-Trump adviser returns to 'Fox and Friends' after suspension

Ex-Trump adviser returns to 'Fox and Friends' after suspension
© Getty Images

A former adviser to the Trump campaign, who was temporarily suspended by Fox News for telling a black guest he was out of his “cotton-picking mind," has returned to the network.

David Bossie, the former deputy campaign manager for President TrumpDonald John TrumpSchiff: Surveillance warrant docs show that Nunes memo 'misrepresented and distorted these applications' Chicago detention facility under investigation following allegations of abuse of migrant children Ex-Trump aide: Surveillance warrants are 'complete ignorance' and 'insanity' MORE's 2016 campaign, made an appearance on the network's "Fox & Friends" morning show on Tuesday, his first appearance as a paid contributor since his suspension in June. His suspension officially lasted two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Bossie joined the show Tuesday morning for an interview with Trump's son, Eric TrumpEric Frederick TrumpSecret Service spent nearly 0,000 on protection for Trump's sons during overseas trips Dem lawmaker calls on House to subpoena American translator from Trump-Putin meeting Government paid K to Trump company for Scotland stay MORE, and commented favorably on the president's nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

"He is not going to legislate from the bench, he is going to write opinions," Bossie said of Kavanaugh.

Bossie was suspended last month after an interaction with Democratic strategist Joel Payne during a debate on immigration policy.

“You’re out of your cotton-picking mind,” Bossie told Payne at the time.

“Cotton-picking mind?” Payne interjected. “Brother, let me tell you something, I got some relatives who picked cotton and I’m not going to sit back and let you attack me on TV like that.”

Fox News's Ed Henry immediately apologized for the remark.

In a statement to The Hill, a Fox News spokesperson called Bossie's remarks "deeply offensive and wholly inappropriate."

"David Bossie’s comments today were deeply offensive and wholly inappropriate," the statement said. "His remarks do not reflect the sentiments of FOX News and we do not in any way condone them."