FEATURED:

Trump accuser's lawyer mocks golf habit: 'We can take a deposition down to Mar-a-Lago'

The lawyer for a woman who accused President Trump of groping her in 2007 fired back at his lawyers Tuesday for saying the lawsuit should be dropped because Trump is too busy.

The suit, filed by former “The Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos, alleges that she and her business were damaged after Trump’s derogatory statements against her following the accusations of sexual misconduct.

The Associated Press reported that Trump’s lawyers argued Tuesday that Trump is immune from being sued in state-level courts while serving as president. Marc Kazowitz, one of Trump’s lawyers, also argued that the Supreme Court has established precedent that courts must defer to the president’s busy schedule.

Kasowitz told the judge that Trump shouldn’t be expected to devote time to the court case while serving in office, according to the AP.

ADVERTISEMENT
Zervos’s attorney, Mariann Wang, shot back at Kasowitz, arguing that the court does have the jurisdiction to hear the case and that Zervos’s legal team would agree to videotaped depositions because Trump “does not do his job 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”

“We can take a deposition down to Mar-a-Lago in between him going to play golf,” she said, according to the AP.

Judge Jennifer Schecter said she would issue a ruling on the case at a later date.

More than a dozen women have accused Trump of touching, grabbing or kissing them without consent. In some cases, the claims go back decades.

Zervos held a press conference last year in which she described a 2007 incident of Trump groping and kissing her during a meeting about a job opportunity.

She filed a defamation suit against Trump in January, days before his inauguration.

"On Nov. 11, 2016, I called on Mr. Trump to retract his statements about me calling me a liar. I also called upon him to state that what I said about his behavior toward me was true," Zervos said at a press conference at the time.

"More than two months have gone by and he has not issued that retraction. I wanted to give Mr. Trump the opportunity to retract his false statements about me and the other women who came forward."

In March, she subpoenaed Trump’s campaign for any documents on “any woman alleging that Donald J. Trump touched her inappropriately.” The subpoenaed documents became available on the court record in October.

Zervos was one of eleven women who came forward to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct last year following the release of the 2005 “Access Hollywood” tape in which Trump brags about grabbing women.