Former Trump campaign aide: 'It's clear that it is' Trump on 'Access Hollywood' tape

A former Trump campaign official said Sunday “it’s clear” that it’s President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump says he doesn't want to use 'adversary' to describe Russia Comey urges Americans to vote for Democrats in midterms Roby wins Alabama GOP runoff, overcoming blowback from Trump criticism MORE on the 2005 “Access Hollywood" tape released in 2016, in which Trump brags about groping women. 

“I don’t even know why that’s of interest today. The president put out his apology that weekend. I don’t believe it’s changed,” former Trump deputy campaign manager David Bossie said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.

“Is it his voice? Was that him in the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape?” host Chuck Todd asked.

“I think it’s clear that it is,” Bossie said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Trump reportedly told a senator and an adviser earlier this year that he believes the tape, which came to light weeks before the 2016 presidential election, might not be authentic.

Trump acknowledged that it was him caught on the tape after it was released last year and apologized for the comments, describing them as “locker room talk” between men.

Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said Sunday that voters had a month before Election Day to react to the tape, and elected Trump anyway.

“So we can talk about 'Access Hollywood,' or we can talk about the fact that the American people looked at this and said it’s important that we move forward and move the country in a different direction,” Lewandowski said on "Meet the Press." 

“It’s been litigated, and the American people chose Donald Trump to be their president,” Bossie added.