By Dick Morris - 10/08/12 04:09 PM EDT
It should come as no surprise that President Obama will raise taxes if he is reelected. But here’s the shocker: he will invite the United Nations to tax Americans directly. And the proceeds would go directly to the Third World. In this way, Barack Hussein Obama will, indeed, realize the dreams of his father.
In our new book, Here come the black helicopters!: UN global governance and the loss of freedom, Eileen and I describe how there is now pending in the U.N. all kinds of plans to tax Americans and redistribute their wealth — not to other Americans, but to other countries. These taxes will not be like our U.N. dues paid by a vote of our Congress, nor will it be akin to foreign aid that we choose to give. They would be mandatory levies imposed by treaty on American citizens. And because they would be enumerated in a treaty, not an act of Congress, only the president and the Democratic Senate need be on board. The Republican House has no role in the treaty-making process.
Here is what we say in Black helicopters that Obama, Hillary and the U.N. are planning for us:
• A “Robin Hood” tax on financial transactions. Every time you buy or sell a stock or bond or exchange money while traveling, you’d be hit with a financial transactions tax, a percentage of your transaction, that would go to the U.N.
• A global tobacco tax with the funds to flow to the World Health Organization (WHO).
• A U.N.-imposed tax on billionaires all over the world. And don’t delude yourself for a moment that it is only the 1,600 current billionaires who will be hit. Once the precedent of a U.N. tax on U.S. citizens is approved, it will gradually grow downwards to cover more and more Americans. Again, the funds will go to the U.N.
• Under the Law of the Sea Treaty, up for Senate ratification in December of the lame-duck session, offshore oil-and-gas wells would have to pay a proportion of their revenues to the International Seabed Authority, a U.N.-sponsored organization, which would distribute the loot to the Third World.
• A carbon tax on all U.S. or other foreign commercial or passenger aircraft flying to Europe. Nominally to fight climate change, these revenues would also go to the Third World.
• A mandatory assessment to be imposed on the U.S. to compensate Third World nations for the costs of reducing their carbon output.
These taxes are, of course, only the first steps. Once the principle is established of U.N. taxation of American citizens, the sky is the limit.
Is there any organizations less worthy of our trust to spend our money wisely than the United Nations? Beset by almost constant scandal, bereft of any in-house oversight or even audit, the U.N. is one of the most corrupt of all international organizations. In Black helicopters, we document how pervasive this corruption really is.
And where would the money go? To so-called less developed countries. The taxes are part of a global plan of redistribution of wealth from the Northern Hemisphere (the U.S., Europe and Japan) to the Southern Hemisphere (Latin America, Africa and South Asia).
But don’t think that this flow of wealth will reduce poverty. Foreign aid doesn’t work. We explain in Black helicopters that it really just puts a pot of money on the table in Third World countries that automatically goes to whoever controls the presidential palace. Coups, civil wars, revolutions and all sorts of violence usually ensue as various factions, tribes or ethnic groups try to get their hands on the money. Real reduction in poverty can come only through foreign direct investment and trade, not via massive exports of Northern Hemisphere wealth to countries controlled by corrupt oligarchs.
Even a victory in the election of 2012 could avert the threat of rampant globalism. Obama and his lame-duck Senate will sign and try to ratify a broad range of global treaties to give away our sovereignty and expose us to U.N. taxation.
Here come the black helicopters!: UN global governance and the loss of freedom is a clarion warning call and a guide to saving our freedom while we still can! Read the book and join the battle for our liberty!
Morris, a former adviser to Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) and former President Clinton, is the author of 2010: Take Back America — A Battle Plan and Outrage, Fleeced and Catastrophe. To get all of his and Eileen McGann’s columns for free by email or to order a signed, advanced copy of his latest book Revolt!, go to dickmorris.com.