By The Hill Staff - 03/30/06 12:00 AM EST
• AGRICULTURE: Secretary Mike Johanns has appointed Bruce Richeson to be the Utah executive director of the Farm Service Agency.
• DEFENSE: President Bush has tapped Frances Wilson for a promotion to lieutenant general and nominated her to be president of the National Defense University.
• ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY: Bush has nominated Molly O’Neill to be assistant administrator for environmental information.
• FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION: Chairwoman Deborah Platt Majoras has appointed Kenneth Glazer and David Wales Jr. as deputy directors of the Bureau of Competition.
• INTERIOR: Bush has nominated Idaho Gov. Dirk Kempthorne (R) to replace Gale Norton as secretary. Norton has appointed Paul Hoffman as deputy assistant secretary for performance, accountability and human resources.
• LABOR: Secretary Elaine Chao has appointed Labor Department veteran Esther Johnson national director of the Office of Job Corps.
• SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION: Chairman Christopher Cox has appointed Donald Hoerl acting regional director of the commission’s Denver-based Central Regional Office.
• STATE: The president has nominated Senior Foreign Service member Michael Kirby to be ambassador to Moldova.
• TRANSPORTATION: Secretary Norman Mineta has named Jo Strang associate administrator for safety at the Federal Railroad Administration.
• TREASURY: Jonathan Weinberger, an attorney with experience in the Treasury and State departments, is the new executive secretary of the treasury.
• VETERANS AFFAIRS (VA): The president has designated Thomas Harvey as acting assistant secretary for congressional affairs. Longtime VA employee Keith Wilson is the new director of the Education Service.
• WHITE HOUSE: Office of Management and Budget Director Joshua Bolten will become chief of staff, replacing Andrew Card.
Bush has appointed Floyd Bloom and Nicholas Eberstadt to the President’s Council on Bioethics.