Republicans on the panel’s Energy and Power subcommittee passed the bills last week.
Salazar to talk energy at Press Club
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar will speak Tuesday at afternoon at the National Press Club.
The speech will be followed by a question-and-answer session. Expect questions on drilling safety, upcoming rules for “fracking” on public lands and GOP criticism of the administration record on domestic oil-and-gas production, among other things.
FERC chief speaking at energy conference
Tuesday marks the first day of the National Energy Marketers Association’s annual conference. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Chairman Jon Wellinghoff and FERC Commissioner Cheryl LaFleur will speak at noon. And Rep. Steve Scalise (La.), a Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, will speak at 3:30 p.m.
Senate panel to vote on DOE spending bill
A Senate Appropriations Committee panel will vote on fiscal 2013 Energy Department appropriations legislation Tuesday.
Read more about the bill here.
US, Iraqi officials talk oil markets
Monday brought the inaugural meeting of the U.S-Iraq Joint Coordinating Committee at the Energy Department.
Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain Al Shahristani, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Energy Daniel Poneman and State Department Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs Carlos Pascual led the session.
“During the meeting, both sides expressed interest in making efforts to assure oil markets meet producers’ and consumers’ needs for worldwide economic growth, and recognized the bold steps Iraq has taken to increase its oil production and export. The U.S. Government supports these major steps forward,” the committee said in a joint statement Monday afternoon.
They also discussed U.S. efforts to assist Iraq’s electricity sector and other issues. The two sides plan to convene the joint committee quarterly over the next year.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
Here's a quick roundup of recent E2 stories:
- Grassley, Thune: Energy Department electric car loan caters to the 1 percent
- Vice President Biden talks Florida Everglades as Sen. Rubio campaigns with Romney
- Warren picks up endorsement of another green group
- Romney rips Obama for imposing ‘onslaught’ of energy regulations
- Obama campaign seeks to inspire action, donations from green-focused voters
- Oil spill commission chief: BP has 'learned its lesson' in the Gulf
- Palm oil industry, ALEC press EPA to reverse climate finding
- Blunt hammers Dems on jobs and energy