By Ben Geman - 06/12/12 10:23 PM EDT
The letter, available here, also lays out what the groups say the U.S. team should advocate for at the summit.
Via the State Department, here’s more of the U.S. team that will attend Rio+20.
• Ambassador Thomas A. Shannon, Jr., Ambassador of the United States to Brazil
• Nancy Sutley, Chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality
• Kerri-Ann Jones, Assistant Secretary of State for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs
• Ambassador Elizabeth Cousens, U.S. Representative to the UN Economic and Social Council
• Carlos Pascual, Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs, Department of State
• Reta Jo Lewis, Special Representative for Global Intergovernmental Affairs, Department of State
• Kris Balderston, Special Representative for Global Partnerships, Department of State
• Don Steinberg, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
• Elizabeth L. Littlefield, President and CEO, Overseas Private Investment Corporation