A majority of Target shoppers said they will stick with the retailer despite a massive data breach that affected millions of customers over the holidays last year.
Only 7 percent of customers said they plan to spend less at the chain over the next year despite the theft of 40 million credit card numbers during the Christmas holidays, according to a Bloomberg National Poll released Monday.
Seven percent of the respondents said they will spend more while 7 percent said they will spend less.
A majority — 84 percent — also said that an overhaul at the top of company didn’t make any difference to their future spending habits.
The Minneapolis-based retailer announced on May 5 that interim CEO John Mulligan, the company’s chief financial officer, would replace Gregg Steinhafel.
In the five months since the hacking revelations emerged, the poll showed that 35 percent are somewhat confident that Target can kept their credit and debit card information safe.
But 45 percent of respondents expressed concern about the ability of the retailer to protect their information — 23 percent said they were not so confident and 22 percent said they were not at all confident.
The poll of 1,020 people was conducted May 8-11 and had a margin of error of 4.5 percentage points.