• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnellMitch McConnellAACR’s march on Washington Poll: Dems have enthusiasm edge for 2018 The Hill's 12:30 Report MORE (R-Ky.) told "Fox News Sunday" that new tax filing requirements for businesses — created to help pay for healthcare reform — are part of the reason that companies aren't hiring.
"This massive health care bill we passed earlier this year requires every business to send out a 1099 form to the IRS every time they spend more than $600 — a massive paperwork increase," McConnell said. "We're offering that in the Senate as an amendment — let's get rid of that. We need to revisit this healthcare bill, which is the second reason, in addition to this massive tax increase, that business is not expanding.”
• Michelle ObamaMichelle ObamaDems, GOP bicker via official Twitter accounts Bill Maher to Dems: 'When they go low, you go lower' Lily Collins shares letter from Michelle Obama MORE calls on Congress to pass a child-nutrition bill this year.
IN THE NEWS
• The Food and Drug Administration is weighing whether to let a Massachusetts company market salmon that's been genetically modified to grow faster. If approved, it would be the first genetically modified animal allowed to be sold as food.
• Rep. Paul RyanPaul RyanSunday shows preview: Trump stares down 100-day mark Ryan: Focus is on keeping government open, not healthcare GOP lawmakers told they’re inching closer to ObamaCare repeal deal MORE (Wis.), senior Republican on the House Budget Committee, is actually serious about finding solutions to the entitlement crisis — to the discomfort of GOP leaders who would rather just win elections.
• Some time off does some good for members of the clergy, who suffer obesity, depression and hypertension at higher rates than the rest of the country.
• The Alliance for Health Reform hosts a Capitol Hill event Monday to examine the challenges facing states as they implement the new healthcare reform law.