By Julian Pecquet - 03/07/11 09:23 PM EST
The five provisions identified are:
• Grants for state-based health insurance exchanges;
• A $17.75 billion (over 10 years) Prevention and Public Health Fund;
• A $200 million construction and capital cost fund for school-based health centers;
• State grants for sexual education and other "personal responsibility education" for adolescents ($75 million per year, 2010 through 2014); and
• Grants to establish or expand primary care residency programs in teaching health centers ($230 million, 2011-2015).
The majority's proposed witnesses are well-known conservatives: Former Rep. Ernest Istook (R-Okla.), now a distinguished fellow at the Heritage Foundation; and John Goodman, the president and CEO of the National Center for Policy Analysis. Additional witnesses may be added.