Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnellMitch McConnellDisconnect: Trump, GOP not on same page GOP senator: There will never be full U.S.-Mexico border wall Overnight Tech: Dem wants to see FCC chief's net neutrality plans | New agency panel on telecom diversity | Trump calls NASA astronaut MORE (R-Ky.) said Wednesday that he has no regrets about relying on undercover videos targeting Planned Parenthood to criticize the organization now that the video-makers have been indicted.
Democrats have jumped on the indictments handed down in Texas on Monday. David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt face charges of tampering with a government record for allegedly using a fake driver's license to access a Planned Parenthood center. The grand jury found no wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood.
Republicans, however, have largely vowed to push on in their efforts against Planned Parenthood.
Rep. Marsha BlackburnMarsha BlackburnTrump transition members urge Rice to testify Tech faces public anger over internet privacy repeal Overnight Tech: GOP faces backlash over internet privacy repeal | AT&T lands .5B contract for first responder network | Tech knocks Trump climate order MORE (R-Tenn.), chairwoman of the House committee set up to investigate Planned Parenthood, vowed to continue her work.
“The lack of respect for infant lives on display in the videos is just as abhorrent today as it was yesterday,” she said in a statement to The New York Times. “We will continue to gather information and get the facts about medical practices of abortion service providers and the business practices of the procurement organizations who sell baby body parts.”
The House committee will not be releasing the results of its investigation until December.
Efforts to strip Planned Parenthood's federal funding have additionally been unsuccessful, with the spending bill passed last month continuing funding for the group.