By Mario Trujillo - 11/03/13 09:57 AM EST
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said he is hopeful the administration would eventually relent and allow Congress to interview survivors of the Benghazi, Libya, attack.
“I shouldn’t have to do this,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.” “I shouldn’t have to make these kind of threats. They should provide, in a responsible way, those who lived through Benghazi to be interviewed separate and apart from the Obama administration to find out what happened.”
“Can you imagine if this was George W. Bush and he told the Congress after 9/11 you can’t talk to anybody because there is a potential criminal investigation?” he asked.
The State Department said investigators have interviewed all the survivors of the attack and notes no one has been barred from testifying before Congress. But the administration has said congressional testimony could impede the investigation.
Graham said last week he would put a hold on all nominations until Congress is allowed to interview survivors of the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans.
Graham's threat followed a “60 Minutes” interview with a British security guard, Dylan Davies, who gave an account of the attack, renewing attention on the tragedy.
Media reports have found that an incident report from Davies's employer differs from his account on “60 Minutes.” Davies has said he never wrote the report.
Graham alleged that the administration leaked the report in order to discredit his interview. The FBI interviewed Davies separately and Graham demanded the administration provide those tapes.
“I want those FBI interviews,” he said. “Here is what the administration is doing. They are taking part of the file to leak it to try to impeach a critic, and they are withholding information.”
He added, “If he is lying, I want to know that. But give to me and the Congress the full information he provided to the government. I want those interviews.”