By Elise Viebeck - 03/03/13 06:24 PM EST
Sens. John McCainJohn McCainThe Hill’s 12:30 Report McCain names Britney Spears as a favorite Trump haunts McCain's reelection fight MORE (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey GrahamLindsey GrahamClinton, Trump sharpen attacks Graham: Let special prosecutor probe Clinton emails The Trail 2016: Clinton’s ups and downs MORE (R-S.C.) will continue to push for details on the Benghazi Consulate attack even if it disrupts the confirmation process for a new Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director, the pair said Sunday.
Speaking on "Face the Nation," Graham insisted that John Brennan's nomination should not move forward until we "get to the bottom of" what happened in Libya.
"John and I are hell-bent on making sure the American people understand this debacle called Benghazi," Graham said.
The U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya was attacked last year on Sept. 11 during what the Obama administration initially described as a "spontaneous" demonstration related to an anti-Muslim video.
It was later revealed that the demonstrators had extremist ties. The violence, which killed four people, was reclassified as a terrorist attack.
On Sunday, Graham said he is asking the Obama administration for official interviews with survivors and real-time transmissions between Washington and Libya on the night of the attack.
"I'm not going to vote on a new CIA director until I find out what the CIA did in Benghazi," Graham said.
McCain was less forthright about his willingness to delay the nomination, but said he has submitted questions to Brennan that have not yet been answered.
"Why don't we just get the answers to these questions?" McCain said. "We certainly think we deserve the answers."