Senate Commerce Chairman Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) announced his priorities for the Senate Commerce Committee Thursday morning. The agenda will include:
• broadband deployment and Universal Service Fund reform;
• strengthening science, technology engineering and mathematics education;
• enacting comprehensive cybersecurity legislation;
• oversight of the agencies, including the Federal Communications Commission;
• cracking down on consumer fraud, include online billing scams;
• protecting consumer information and privacy on the Internet; and
• furthering efforts to make our nation’s highways safer and eliminate distracted driving.