Sr. Manager Public Affairs – Political Action Committee (PAC)
Req ID# 986484
Pfizer Public Affairs works to actively engage and leverage colleagues in advancing our US Government Relations and Public Affairs priorities. The PAC Manager is a member of the Public Affairs Team and is responsible for leading PAC strategies and initiatives. The Manager will also collaborate with the Pfizer Grassroots Manager on strategies to optimize and align Pfizer’s grassroots efforts. Knowledge of Pfizer’s position on key public position issues is also an important part of the role. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Pfizer’s PAC and corporate contribution strategy, ensuring colleagues understand the value of PAC participation. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Public Affairs, and provides support as needed towards the legislative and public affairs goals of Pfizer. The Manager will also work closely with the Legislative Affairs team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement long term/short term PAC strategy
o Including targeted Campaigns for major divisions
• Develop annual Federal PAC budget
• Coordinating education and fundraising events for the Pfizer PAC
o Including NYHQ, Pfizer sites, and regional locations
o Lead fundraising efforts/engagement with key trade organizations (PhRMA) and political groups including NRCC, DCCC, NRSC, DSCC, RNC, and DNC
• Represent Pfizer at Industry/Campaign fundraisers
• Develop and implement PAC growth strategy and metrics
o Develop strategy for increased division, senior management, and senior leader participation
o Work with Pfizer U.S. Government Relations (federal & state) colleagues to align and support PAC priorities
o Plan PAC recognition and growth programs/events
• Develop and manage colleague training programs
o PAC Ambassadors Program
o Pfizer Advocates Grassroots Initiative
• Develop and manage PAC-related communications, including newsletters
• Implement PAC solicitation strategy and drafting correspondence
• Maintaining tracking system for Federal fundraising events
• Update and maintaining the Pfizer PAC/Grassroots website
• Planning and preparing for PAC Governing Board meetings
• Manage PAC & Grassroots Website
o Develop and maintain content and regular updates
o Coordinate efforts of PAC Administration, PAC Strategy, Grassroots, and Site Public Affairs
o Develop communication strategy to best leverage resources of site
o Serve as primary contact for interfacing with site administrator on maintaining and updating site
• Public Affairs Liaison to Federal Legislative Team
o Plan and attend Political Fundraisers
o Provide support on outreach to congressional offices
• Develop and implement Grassroots strategy
o State-based Grassroots communications
o Outreach and engagement for Pfizer Colleague Resource Groups
• In-depth understanding of political and legislative processes, to include good political instincts and acumen.
• Solid ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of Pfizer’s U.S. Government Relations priorities, Pfizer’s business objectives and portfolio
• Bachelors Degree and 4-7 years of work experience in government relations, political fundraising, or political campaigns (lobbying experience is a plus).
• Excellent judgment and proven track record of political communications skills
• Experience in fundraising or working on a Political Action Committee.
• Working knowledge of local, state and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, to include FEC laws
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and comfort interacting directly with corporate executives.
• Team player with strong persuasion skills who is a self-starter, passionate about his/her work and innovative in solving problems, overcoming challenges, and achieving goals.
• Experience managing multiple demands and constituents, working under pressure, and coordinating a multitude of on-going projects with exceptional attention to detail.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Willingness to travel domestically 3-5 days each month at a minimum.
• Experience working on Capitol Hill.
• Ability to determine when to elevate issues or involve key people in issue resolution
• Strong event planning skills and ability to multi-task.