Arlington, VA| Legal| Full-Time
Generation Opportunity is looking for a General Counsel to provide timely and effective legal advice to the organization’s Boards of Directors, executive leadership, and other in-house clients. Specific areas of legal expertise shall extend to corporate governance, contracts, human relations, finance, tax law matters, operations and administration, litigation oversight, intellectual property, lobbying, political law, and campaign finance compliance matters. Generation Opportunity is a national, nonpartisan, youth advocacy organization equipping Millennials with the knowledge, resources, and tools to advocate for policy solutions that expand economic opportunity for a specific generation.
- Provide legal guidance to Board Members and executive leadership regarding the gamut of legal issues impacting the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, including tax, nonprofit, corporate, contract, employment, lobbying, and election laws.
- Structure and manage the internal legal function and staff.
- Participate in the development of organizational policies, procedures, and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Select, retain, manage, and evaluate all outside counsel.
- Review all outside contracts and draft all internal contracts, and at times negotiate contractual terms on behalf of the organization.
- Provide staff training to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and ethical and other workplace standards of conduct.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor Degree and license in good standing with a state bar
- At least 8 years of relevant experience preferred
- Exposure to and/or familiarity with the following areas of law: tax, non-profit, corporate, contract, employment, lobbying, election, and campaign finance
- Excellent written and oral communications and dynamic and energetic interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- High ethical standards, integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to direct and manage multiple projects and staff in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) and 501(c)6 organizations a plus
- Commitment to advancing free market, fiscally conservative principles at all levels of government
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veteran
To apply click here