Message and Writing Director
Arlington, VA | Comms / Marketing | Full-Time
Freedom Partners is searching for a talented and effective Message and Writing Director to manage a team of writers who engage on healthcare, spending, and energy-related copy in a fast-paced and dynamic office. Working closely with the research, policy, and communications teams, the right individual for this new position will be a strategic thinker who can brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, produce thoughtful, factual, and persuasive messaging and lead and motivate a successful team.
- Manage a team of writers to produce written content that achieves messaging goals, meets fast paced deadlines, and maintains the highest level of quality.
- Oversee and direct the team's written healthcare, spending, and energy message to appeal to a variety of audiences.
- Work with the research division to analyze poll data, research, and focus group studies to tailor a variety of message needs.
- Write compelling copy that informs, motivates, and inspires target audiences to take desired action on a number of policy issues and current events.
- Develop copy for a variety of formats and disciplines, including print, broadcast, and digital for both the organization, and as a ghost writer for surrogates.
- Generate a consistent narrative and voice for the organization.
- Identify overall and supporting messaging themes.
- Lead healthcare, spending, or energy communication projects such as talking points, research reports, and other written briefs to explore and promote research findings in ways that are consumable by a variety of audiences.
- Mentor and motivate junior writers for professional growth and increased impact.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-9 years of demonstrated writing experience
- Fluency and working knowledge with current public policy issues
- Experience working in media relations or polling firm strongly preferred
- Ability to adapt voice and style to effectively ghost write pieces for surrogates
- A strong commitment to communicating economic policies to mainstream audiences that promote free market principles
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veteran
To apply click here