The liaison would primarily be working on the Hill on behalf of CCL, forming relationships with offices and growing existing relationships. He or she would be working very closely with the team who played a key role in the introduction of H. Res. 195 and for initiating the Climate Solutions Caucus (CSC). The lobbyist’s role will be to partner with our team to grow membership in these two initiatives. He or she will also be working with CCL’s Legislative Director in helping to move Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation forward on the Hill.
● Monitor legislative and policy developments related to carbon fee and dividend
● Represent CCL’s positions on climate change and the environment to members of Congress, their staff, and other government officials
● Prepare materials such as letters, reports, fact sheets as needed to support talking points for lobbying visits
● Participate in lobby visits as appropriate, and collaborate with organizations whose goals align with CCL’s. Work closely with our team in growing both Republican and Democrat Climate Resolution support and the Climate Solutions Caucus
● Submit regular meeting reports
● Attend and contribute as needed to CCL’s semi-annual conferences , including our June Lobby Day and November Education Day
Skills and Qualifications
● 3-5 years experience on Capitol Hill in House offices
● A Bachelor's degree, demonstrated strong organizational skills, the ability to be assertive but respectful, the ability to work well under pressure, successful supervisory experience, self-reliance and the ability to take initiative, an abiding passion to curb climate change
● A general agreement with CCL’s legislative policy plus a strong interest in legislative issues and public policy development, a willingness to work on a bipartisan approach to solutions, have already established connections with current Senate staffers, have extensive knowledge on Congressional proceedings - must be able to represent CCL “at the table” when carbon fee and dividend is moving through Congress.
● Must be willing to work on the Hill full-time, understand that CCL is an NGO and not a lobbying firm, have the ability to work well with our volunteers, show them respect and appreciation, and keep them informed of his or her efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, vacation
Email cover letter, resume, and three professional references by April 21 at 5:00 pm to
email@example.com with the subject line "Congressional Liaison"
Equal Employment Opportunity