The HillTube

Cain says his campaign could have been better prepared

Herman Cain took responsibility Tuesday for his presidential campaign's response and handling of news that he had been accused of sexual harassment while heading the National Restaurant Association.

"We could have been better prepared, I absolutely agree we could have been better prepared," Cain said on Fox News on Tuesday night. "Mea culpa."

Cain initially responded on television Monday that he did not recall the cases, but updated that story Monday evening in a PBS interview and offered details about one incident, which he thought the charges were baseless. 

The Hill's A.B. Stoddard asked Cain on Fox earlier on Tuesday whether his campaign had been informed that there were two allegations made against him.

Cain responded that the campaign made the "conscious decision ... not to go chasing anonymous accuasations."

More in Administration

White House budget office holds call to prepare for shutdown

Read more »