GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain offered his thoughts on his fellow Republican candidates Friday, calling Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) a “grumpy old man” and saying that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has “good hair.”
In an interview on Friday's edition of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Cain summed up each of the GOP candidates in a few words.
Pressed by Leno for his thoughts, Cain laughed, saying, “You know this is going to get me in trouble.”
Here’s what Cain said about each candidate:
• Texas Gov. Rick Perry: “Good governor.”
• Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney: “Good hair.”
• Rep. Ron Paul (Texas): “Grumpy old man.”
• Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.): “Very nice lady.”
• Former Rep. Rick Santorum (Penn.): “Stressed.”
• Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman: “He wears ties just like Mr. Cain.” (The two have sported similar neck-wear.)
• Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich: “Brilliant.”
Cain also took issue with former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who called him the “flavor of the week” after Cain won a Florida straw poll.
Cain said if he was a flavor it is Haagen-Dazs black walnut because it has “substance.”
“I’ve got some substance here,” he said. “I’m Haagen-Dazs black walnut. It lasts longer than a week.”
Later in the interview, Leno asked Cain – a businessman and former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza – why candidates thought it was important to meet with Donald Trump.
“Because he has a platform that he can talk about all of the different candidates, express his opinion, whether you like it or not,” Cain said. “He has the opportunity to be on a lot of shows. The thing that you don’t want is for him to say, quote, ‘well I’ve never met Herman Cain.’”