The HillTube

Graham hopeful Congress will be able to interview Benghazi survivors

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said he is hopeful the administration will eventually relent and allow Congress to interview survivors of the Benghazi attack.

“I shouldn’t have to do this,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.” “I shouldn’t have to make these kind of threats. They should provide, in a responsible way, those who lived through Benghazi to be interviewed separate and apart from the Obama administration to find out what happened.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Graham asked how Congress would react if former President George W. Bush did not allow survivors of 9/11 to speak to Congress because of an ongoing investigation. 

"Can you imagine if this was George W. Bush and he told the Congress after 9/11 you can’t talk to anybody because there is a potential criminal investigation?” he asked. 

The State Department said investigators have interviewed all the survivors of the attack and notes no one has been barred from testifying before Congress. But the administration has said congressional testimony could impede the investigation.

Graham said last week he would put a hold on all nominations until Congress is allowed to interview survivors of the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans.