GOP presidential front-runner Donald TrumpDonald TrumpUkraine's president compares UN to 'a retired superhero' Collins to endorse LePage in Maine governor comeback bid Heller won't say if Biden won election MORE on Saturday mocked primary opponent Jeb Bush on Twitter after reports that three of Bush's top fundraisers left his presidential campaign.
Wow, Jeb Bush just lost three of his top fundraisers - they quit!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2015
Three Florida-based fundraising consultants — Kris Money, Trey McCarley and Debbie Alexander — said they voluntarily quit Bush’s campaign, Politico reported Saturday. They said they are still continuing to work with Bush’s Right to Rise Super-PAC.
According to the report, other sources said the fundraisers were let go because they were no longer needed for this phase of Bush's campaign.
Bush spokesman Tim Miller said that “Governor Bush has the widest and deepest fundraising operation of any candidate in the field. Ann Herberger — a longtime aide with more than two decades of experience in state and national politics — will continue to lead the operation in Florida with our team in Miami.”
The moves come as Bush slips in the polls after originally being considered the front-runner of the GOP pack earlier in the year.
A Bush aide sent an email to contributors Friday inviting them to a fundraiser in Washington next month, “with a pointed plea” that Bush find new donors, according to The New York Times.
Trump has repeatedly targeted Bush over the last few weeks, slamming his comments on illegal immigration and women’s health and criticizing him for being "low-energy."