Trump won't bar media outlets from convention
© Getty Images

Journalists who have been blacklisted from Donald TrumpDonald John TrumpPelosi arrives in Jordan with bipartisan congressional delegation Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G-7 after backlash CNN's Anderson Cooper mocks WH press secretary over Fox News interview MORE's campaign events will not be barred from attending the Republican National Convention, the director of the House Daily Press Gallery says.

"If they have made it through the credentialing process, yes," Annie Tin told The Washington Examiner in an interview published Tuesday, when asked if those on Trump's media blacklist will be allowed at the convention.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Because right now, we have been designated the credentialing authority."

Tin said press galleries came to be involved in the credentialing process for conventions because it "takes [politics] out of it."

"The parties said, 'Hey, this is good for us because we're not accused of favoring certain journalists because they're writing favorable stories about our convention,' and not saying, 'Oh, well we don't like that reporter because they aren't writing good stories about us,'" she said.

"And this is fascinating to discuss at this time when we're dealing with the Trump campaign and some of the things that are happening with his campaign, banning journalists from participating and attending his events."

Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, has barred several publications from getting press credentials to his events. Among them are The Washington Post, Politico, BuzzFeed, The Des Moines Register and others.

Last month, Trump said he was revoking the press credentials from the Post, accusing the publication of dishonest reporting. He also regularly slams news outlets on Twitter and while on the campaign trail, accusing various reporters and publications of being biased against him.