The Clinton Foundation said Thursday that it would evaluate its policies on accepting foreign donations if Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonTrump criticizes Justice for restoring McCabe's benefits Biden sends 'best wishes' to Clinton following hospitalization The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Altria - Jan. 6 panel flexes its muscle MORE runs for president in 2016.
"Should Secretary Clinton decide to run for office, we will continue to ensure the Foundation's policies and practices regarding support from international partners are appropriate, just as we did when she served as Secretary of State," the foundation said in a statement.
The foundation's practices have come under scrutiny after The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that it had dropped a self-imposed ban on accepting donations from foreign nations. The foundation has taken money from countries including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Oman, as well as from an agency of the Canadian government promoting the Keystone XL pipeline.
The ban had been in effect while Clinton was serving as secretary of State. Since leaving the State Department, she has become more involved in the foundation's work.
A report in The Washington Post on Wednesday said that the Clintons had raised more than $2 billion for the foundation since it was established in 2001.