WaPo press credentials revoked for Moore event: campaign
© Getty Images

Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore's campaign said it would not allow The Washington Post into its election night party on Tuesday after revoking its press credentials.

The campaign had previously told the Post that their credentials were undergoing review, and notified the paper Monday night that the press passes were not approved, campaign spokeswoman Hannah Ford told The Hill on Tuesday. 

One Post reporter "who didn't get the memo" tried to gain entrance to the Montgomery, Ala., event on Tuesday, Ford said. 

When asked by The Hill why the campaign revoked the newspaper's credentials, Ford said "No comment."

ADVERTISEMENT

The Washington Post first broke the story of sexual misconduct allegations against Moore in early November, when it published a report sharing the testimonies of four women who said Moore pursued them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s. 

Moore has denied The Washington Post report and all subsequent allegations of sexual misconduct. 

Ford, previously Moore's deputy campaign manager, replaced former campaign communications director John Rogers after he resigned in November.