A spokesman for Secretary of State Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonThe Memo: Trump 'lynching' firestorm is sign of things to come Hillary Clinton has said she'd consider 2020 race if she thought she could win: report Nielsen on leaving Trump administration: 'Saying no and refusing to do it myself was not going to be enough' MORE said Thursday afternoon that there is no truth to a report that Clinton is seeking to lead the World Bank.

Philippe Reines, Clinton's longtime spokesman, said in an email that a Reuters story, which said Clinton had been in talks with the White House about leaving the administration for the World Bank, is "completely untrue."

ADVERTISEMENT

Reines said Clinton has not had any conversations with President Obama, the White House or anyone else about leading the World Bank.

"She has expressed absolutely no interest in the job," Reines said. "She would not take it if offered."

"With all due respect to my friends at Reuters, the story is bogus."

White House spokesman Josh Earnest also said that the story is "not true."

Reuters cited three anonymous sources, all of whom said that Clinton wants the top job at the World Bank. Reuters also quoted Reines denying Clinton's interest.

Earlier this year, Clinton told CNN that she'll be "moving on" after 2012 and does not desire another post in the Obama administration after 2012 or another run for president.

"I want to be part of helping to represent the United States at this critical moment in time, to do everything I can in support of the president and our government and the people of our country to stand for our values and our ideals, to stand up for our security, which has to remain first and foremost in my mind and to advance America's interests," Clinton said in March. "And there isn't anything that I can imagine doing after this that would be as demanding, as challenging or rewarding."

-- This post was updated at 6:09 p.m.