The third gunman who attacked the Bataclan concert hall in Paris last month has been identified as a French man who left for Syria in 2013, according to reports. 
 
Foued Mohamed-Aggad left during a time when about a dozen young men from Strasbourg traveled to Syria, according to The Associated Press, though some returned.
 
ADVERTISEMENT
The 23-year-old's mother reportedly received a text message in English recently notifying her that her son had died "as a martyr."

"What kind of human being could do what he did?" his father, Said, told Le Parisien newspaper, according to reports. "If I had known he would do something like this, I would have killed him."

Mohamed-Aggad informed his family months ago he would be a suicide bomber in Iraq and didn't intend to return to France, a lawyer told the AP. The lawyer said the man was flagged as a radical but an arrest warrant wasn't issued.
 
The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria has claimed responsibility for the Nov. 13 attack that left 130 dead, the majority at the Bataclan.
 
The two other attackers at the Bataclan, Omar Ismail Mostefai and Samy Amimour, were also French nationals.