Nate Silver goes off on Huffington Post in tweetstorm

Nate Silver railed against The Huffington Post in a tweetstorm Saturday night after the online news site ran an article accusing the pollster of "changing the results of polls."

"This article is so f---ing idiotic and irresponsible," Silver, founder of FiveThirtyEight, wrote.

ADVERTISEMENT

The article, written by Huffington Post bureau chief Ryan Grimm, also said "punditry has been Silver's go-to-move this election cycle."

"The short version is that Silver is changing the results of polls to fit where he thinks the polls truly are, rather than simply entering the poll numbers into his model and crunching them," Grim wrote.

Silver shot back in multiple posts on Twitter, arguing that FiveThirtyEight's method for adjusting polls is based off of empirical evidence.

Silver ended his critique with a nod to first lady Michelle ObamaMichelle LeVaughn Robinson ObamaThe Hill's Morning Report — Category 5 Mueller storm to hit today Warren praises Ocasio-Cortez in Time 100 Beyoncé in 'Time 100' profile: Michelle Obama empowers black Americans MORE's now-famous line about Republicans this election cycle.

"When you go low, I go high 80% of the time, and knee you in the balls the other 20% of the time," Silver wrote.