Five women accusing Fox News host Bill O'Reilly of harassment received a total of $13 million for agreeing not to pursue litigation or talk about their accusations, the New York Times reported Saturday.
The women were reportedly paid either by Fox or by O’Reilly himself.
The allegations were made by women who either worked for Fox News host or appeared on his program.
The Times noted that complaints included verbal abuse, unwanted advances, lewd comments and indecent phone calls.
The settlements were made over a span of multiple years, with two that were previously known. These include a 2004 case with a producer and 2016 case involving a former on-air personality.
According to the newspaper, the newly uncovered cases involve two sexual harassment claims and one accusation of verbal abuse that involved a young producer.
Representatives of 21st Century Fox told the Times that O’Reilly "denies the merits of these claims" but added that the host "resolved those he regarded as his personal responsibility."
“Notwithstanding the fact that no current or former Fox News employee ever took advantage of the 21st Century Fox hotline to raise a concern about Bill O’Reilly, even anonymously, we have looked into these matters over the last few months and discussed them with Mr. O’Reilly," the company said.