Minnesota mosque bombing suspect submitted bid to build Trump’s border wall
© Getty Images

A man whose company submitted one of the bids to construct President TrumpDonald TrumpBiden says Roe v. Wade under attack like 'never before' On student loans, Biden doesn't have an answer yet Grill company apologizes after sending meatloaf recipe on same day of rock star's death MORE's proposed border wall has been charged in the 2017 bombing of a Minnesota mosque.

Michael Hari, 47, the owner of Crisis Resolution Security Services, and two other men, Michael McWhorter, 27, and Joe Morris, 22, are facing federal charges for allegedly carrying out the bombing on the Dar al-Farooq Islamic Center in August in Bloomington, Minn., according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. district court Tuesday.

The complaint alleges that the men carried out the attack, because they wanted to "scare [Muslims] out of the country."

ADVERTISEMENT

McWhorter told investigators that it was Hari's idea to attack the mosque. He said  Hari acted as the bombmaker and getaway driver, and that Morris was responsible for breaking one of the building's windows. 

McWhorter told investigators that he threw a pipe bomb into the mosque, according to the complaint.

The Justice Department said Wednesday that law enforcement had received a tip from a confidential source in January that Hari, McWhorter and Morris were behind the bombing.

Hari's company, according to The Washington Post, last year pitched a design for Trump's long-promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The design, the Post reported, was reminiscent of the Great Wall of China, and would have featured pedestrian walkways. That bid, one of more than 200 offered for the high-profile project, was ultimately unsuccessful.