The 29-year-old man who is being hailed as a hero after he intervened to disarm an active shooter at a Tennessee Waffle House says he has yet to hear from President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump rallies in Nevada amid Supreme Court flurry: 'We're gonna get Brett' Trump: 'Good news' that Obama is campaigning again Trump boosts Heller, hammers 'Wacky Jacky' opponent in Nevada MORE or the White House.

James Shaw Jr. told CNN's Van Jones on Saturday that he hasn't been in touch with anyone from the White House, but said that it was possible he missed the call or that Trump had not yet gotten around to it.

The White House said Tuesday that it had reached out to coordinate a potential meeting between Trump and Shaw.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I haven't heard anything, but that's not to say he didn't try to contact me, or not," Shaw said. "I know he has a busy agenda, a busy schedule. Maybe he just hasn't got around to me. Maybe my time is coming."

"It's not for me to judge really what he does," Shaw added. "I did what I did and I didn't really do it for recognition."

Shaw made national headlines last month after he pried a rifle from the hands of a gunman who shot several people, killing four. Tennessee lawmakers hailed Shaw for his "brave actions" in a ceremony last week, CNN reported.

Shaw set up a GoFundMe campaign following the attack with a goal of raising $15,000 for the families of the shooting victims. The campaign has so far raised more than $225,000.

“I’m not a hero. I’m just a regular person, and I think anybody could have did what I did if they are just pushed into that kind of cage,” Shaw said at a news conference last month, The Washington Post reported.

“You have to either react or you’re going to fold, and I chose to react because I didn’t see any other way of living, and that’s all I wanted to do. I just wanted to live.”