White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley on Friday brushed off President TrumpDonald John TrumpLawmakers prep ahead of impeachment hearing Democrats gear up for high-stakes Judiciary hearing Warren says she made almost M from legal work over past three decades MORE's reported ban from restaurants owned by actor Robert De Niro, saying Trump will eat at a place he owns instead.

Earlier this week, the Daily Mail reported that De Niro, a co-founder of the upscale Nobu sushi restaurant and hotel chain, insisted he would not let the president eat in his restaurants, and that he would leave any other eatery where the president entered.

“If [Trump] walked into a restaurant I was in, I’d walk out,” De Niro, a frequent critic of Trump, told the outlet Tuesday.

In response to De Niro's reported decision, Gidley told Fox Business Network that Trump will just eat at “one of his many properties around the country and globe” instead. 

ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t think the president is planning on attending a dinner at Nobu anytime soon,” Gidley said. “Look, Hollywood people grandstand all the time.” 

“He’s not stopping at Nobu anytime soon,” he added.

Late Thursday, a representative for De Niro said that Trump was not actually banned from the actor's high-end fusion restaurant chain, despite the Daily Mail reporting he would never allow the former reality TV star through its doors.

"Bob has not banned anyone from dining at Nobu," the spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. "I know what they wrote. No one is banned."