Major Hollywood talent firm considering rejecting Saudi investment money: report

The Hollywood talent firm Endeavor Content is reportedly pulling out of a $400 million contract with the Saudi government amid the disappearance and suspected murder of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi at a Saudi consulate. 

According to The Hollywood Reporter on Monday, paperwork is "being drawn up that would terminate the deal" between the Saudis and Endeavor. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel said earlier Monday that he was "monitoring" the situation and added that he was "really concerned," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Endeavor, which also owns the rights to a TV series based on the book "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" by Michael Wolff, would be the latest to cut ties with Saudi Arabia amid Khashoggi's disappearance.

At least one think tank and multiple lobbying firms in Washington, D.C., have cut ties with the Saudis, and a growing number of companies and corporate executives have withdrawn from an upcoming finance conference in the country.

Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. Multiple U.S. lawmakers have said that evidence points to Saudi Arabia being complicit in his disappearance, and Turkish authorities say officials working on behalf of the Saudi government murdered Khashoggi and likely dismembered him.

The Saudi government has so far publicly denied involvement in Khashoggi's disappearance but is reportedly preparing an official account admitting the journalist was killed after entering the consulate. 

President Trump, however, has yet to blame Saudi Arabia and suggested Monday that "rogue killers" may be the reason for Khashoggi's disappearance.