March for Our Lives, the student-led movement aimed at ending gun violence, is planning to "go dark" on social media to commemorate the anniversary of last year's deadly mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

The group said in a statement that it will be "going dark — both online and offline" from Thursday through Sunday. Thursday marks the one-year anniversary of the shooting, which left 17 people dead and more than a dozen others injured.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Like many in the Parkland community, March For Our Lives will be spending time with friends and family, remembering those we lost," the group said.

March for Our Lives was formed in the aftermath of the shooting, rekindling nationwide calls for stricter gun control legislation. The group last year organized nationwide marches to urge stricter gun control, including a march in Washington, D.C., that attracted more than 1 million demonstrators. 

David Hogg, one of the survivors of the shooting and a March For Our Lives co-founder, said Wednesday in a tweet that he planned to "take a break from Twitter for the next 3 days."

"Thank you for all the kind words and support in this difficult time for many famlies in Parkland. I will be taking a break from Twitter for the next 3 days. Please remember the people we're stolen from us that day; they are why we fight for peace," he tweeted.

The Hill has reached out to March For Our Lives for comment.