A man pleaded guilty on Thursday in a New York federal court to sending a series of pipe bombs to Democratic politicians and critics of President TrumpDonald John TrumpRepublicans aim to avoid war with White House over impeachment strategy New York Times editorial board calls for Trump's impeachment Trump rips Michigan Rep. Dingell after Fox News appearance: 'Really pathetic!' MORE.

Cesar Sayoc Jr. entered his plea in a court in Manhattan, telling the judge that he never intended for the mailed devices to explode, according to The Associated Press.

Sayoc was arrested in Florida in October and accused of sending pipe bombs to more than a dozen people and entities, including CNN, 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonNo, the polls aren't wrong — but you have to know what to look for How to shut down fake Republican outrage over 'spying' on Trump More than 200,000 Wisconsin voters will be removed from the rolls MORE, former President Obama and liberal donor George Soros.

The Florida man was accused of mailing 16 pipe bombs, with 11 current and former government figures targeted with the packages. The bombs did not explode and there were no injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I know that these actions were wrong and I'm sorry," Sayoc said when entering his plea Thursday, according to NBC News.

Sayoc told the judge that he created objects that were made to look like pipe bombs and put explosive powder from fireworks inside them. 

He faces 65 counts, including using a weapon of mass destruction, mailing explosives with intent to kill and interstate transportation of an explosive.

Sayoc was indicted on multiple charges in November and faces life in prison. He previously pleaded not guilty to 30 charges against him in New York.

He is scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 12.

Updated: 6:15 p.m.