VA hospital serial killer given seven life sentences
Producer Scott Rudin to 'step back' from film projects in wake of bullying accusations
Hollywood producer Scott Rudin is "stepping back" from film projects after a slew of bullying accusations rose last week.
"I am stepping back from my film and streaming projects in addition to my work on Broadway," Rudin said in a statement Tuesday, Deadline reported.
Rudin is stepping back after The Hollywood Reporter published an article detailing accusations of 40 years of abuse from the award-winning Broadway producer toward staff and other associates.
"I am doing so to take the time to work on personal issues I should have long ago," Rudin said.
Among the many accusations the producer is facing is one allegation that he sent an assistant to the emergency room in 2012 after smashing an Apple computer monitor over their hand after the assistant couldn't get him on a sold-out flight.
Rudin already had announced he would step back from his theater work on Broadway.
"After a period of reflection, I've made the decision to step back from active participation on our Broadway productions, effective immediately," Rudin said on Saturday.
However, Rudin's Tuesday statement expands stepping back to include his film projects.
"When I commented over the weekend, I was focused on Broadway reopening successfully and not wanting my previous behavior to detract from everyone's efforts to return. It's clear to me I should take the same path in film and streaming. I am profoundly sorry for the pain my behavior has caused and I take this step with a commitment to grow and change," Rudin said.
Although Rudin said he is "stepping back," he did not elaborate on what his stepping back would entail.