President Donald Trump is acquitted for life!
The Democrats’ impeachment witch hunt has finally come to a close. Here’s the disgraceful sham by the numbers:
- 134 wasted days not working for the American people.
- 119 Democrats who supported impeachment before the whistleblower complaint became public.
- 17 Democrat witnesses called.
- 0 Republican witnesses called.
- 3 silver platters Speaker Nancy PelosiNancy PelosiRepublicans caught in California's recall trap Raise the debt limit while starting to fix the budget 'Justice for J6' organizer calls on demonstrators to respect law enforcement MORE (D-Calif.) used to present celebratory pens for the “solemn” signing ceremony.
- 33 days Speaker Nancy Pelosi held the extremely “urgent” articles of impeachment.
- 63 million votes Democrats tried to invalidate due to their hatred of the man in the White House.
The impeachment political hit job lacked due process or fairness for the president, breaking all historical precedent. The Democrats’ unfounded case met its final fate in the Senate where it came crashing down due to lack of facts, evidence, or truth. The White House Defense Team obliterated the sham orchestrated by Rep. Adam SchiffAdam Bennett SchiffOvernight Hillicon Valley — Hacking goes global Schiff calls on Amazon, Facebook to address spread of vaccine misinformation Spotlight turns to GOP's McCarthy in Jan. 6 probe MORE (D-Calif.) and Co. bit by bit.
No quid pro quo. No pressure. No impeachable offense.
Now, this unconstitutional impeachment expedition is the Democrats’ legacy. They are responsible for dividing our country and taking us down a long, hard road of impeachment solely because it’s what their radical base demanded. It’s been the goal since Jan. 20, 2017 when they saw President TrumpDonald TrumpKinzinger says Trump 'winning' because so many Republicans 'have remained silent' Our remote warfare counterterrorism strategy is more risk than reward Far-right rally draws small crowd, large police presence at Capitol MORE step foot in the White House, promising to drain the swamp and put America first.
Their legacy of impeachment is all they have to show for their House majority – and the American people will judge them harshly. In the midst of it all, President Trump stood up for America on the world stage and worked to unleash the best economy in the world. He never let the impeachment noise from the swamp stop him.
It’s time to move on now that the Democrats’ efforts to dismiss 63 million Americans have been crushed. The impeachment chapter is closed, and the witch hunt is over.
President Trump is vindicated and acquitted for life.
It’s time to get back to work.
Duncan represents the 3rd Congressional District in the U.S. House.